Settlement - Australia

After completion study students settlement route In the Australia

After completing their studies, international students in Australia have several pathways to obtain a work permit, settle, and potentially acquire citizenship. Here are the common routes:


Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485): The Temporary Graduate Visa allows international students who have completed a degree or higher qualification in Australia to stay and work in the country temporarily. There are two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Work stream. The Post-Study Work stream is particularly beneficial as it offers extended work rights for up to four years, depending on the level of qualification completed.


Employer Sponsorship: If you secure a job offer from an Australian employer, they may be able to sponsor you for a work visa. The employer must be an approved sponsor and nominate you for a Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (Subclass 482) or an Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (Subclass 186). These visas can lead to permanent residency in Australia.


Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): The Skilled Independent Visa is a points-based visa that allows individuals with skills and qualifications in high-demand occupations to apply for permanent residency. It does not require employer sponsorship. To be eligible, you must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and receive an invitation to apply based on your points score.


Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190): The Skilled Nominated Visa is also a points-based visa that requires nomination by an Australian state or territory government. It allows individuals with skills in occupations on the relevant state/territory occupation list to apply for permanent residency. This visa requires you to meet the state or territory's nomination criteria.


Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Visa (Subclass 187): The RSMS visa allows employers in regional areas of Australia to sponsor skilled workers for permanent residency. The occupation must be on the Regional Occupation List, and the employer must meet certain requirements. This visa is specific to regional areas and may offer a faster pathway to permanent residency.


Business and Investment Visas: If you have a significant amount of capital to invest or have business skills, you may be eligible for various business and investment visas. These visas require meeting specific criteria related to investment amount, business turnover, or business innovation. They can lead to permanent residency and, eventually, citizenship.


Partner Visa: If you are in a genuine and ongoing relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen, you may be eligible for a partner visa. This visa allows you to live, work, and study in Australia and can lead to permanent residency and citizenship.


Australian Citizenship: Once you have obtained permanent residency in Australia, you can eventually apply for Australian citizenship. The general requirements include meeting residency requirements, demonstrating good character, and passing a citizenship test.