Settlement - Hungary

After completion study students settlement route In the Hungary

As an international student in Hungary, there are several options to consider for obtaining a work permit and potentially settling in the country. Here are some common paths:


  1. Work Permit: If you find a job offer in Hungary after completing your studies, you can apply for a work permit. Your prospective employer must demonstrate that there are no suitable candidates from within the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) for the position. The job offer should also meet certain wage and employment conditions. The work permit allows you to work and reside in Hungary.


  1. Entrepreneurship: If you have a viable business plan and wish to establish your own company in Hungary, you can explore the option of starting a business. The process typically involves registering your business, meeting legal requirements, and demonstrating the economic benefit your business will bring to Hungary. Successful entrepreneurs can obtain a residence permit based on entrepreneurship.


  1. EU Blue Card: If you have a higher education degree and a job offer in Hungary that meets certain criteria (such as minimum salary requirements), you may be eligible for the EU Blue Card. This permit allows highly skilled professionals to work and reside in Hungary and offers a path to long-term residency and eventual citizenship.


  1. Family Reunification: If you have a spouse or partner who is a Hungarian citizen or holds a permanent residence permit in Hungary, you may be eligible to apply for a residence permit based on family reunification. This option allows you to join your family member in Hungary and potentially obtain a work permit.


  1. Hungarian Citizenship: Obtaining Hungarian citizenship typically requires residing in Hungary for a significant period, usually eight years, and fulfilling specific criteria, including knowledge of the Hungarian language. The exact requirements may vary, so it's advisable to consult the Hungarian authorities, such as the Office of Immigration and Nationality (Bevándorlási és Állampolgársági Hivatal), for the most up-to-date information.