Settlement - UK

After completion study students settlement route In the UK.

After completing their studies, international students in the UK have several pathways to obtain a work permit, settle, and potentially acquire citizenship. Here are the common routes:


  1. Tier 2 (General) Work Visa: This is a common option for international students who have secured a job offer from a UK employer with a valid Tier 2 sponsor license. The employer must demonstrate that the position cannot be filled by a local candidate, and the job must meet specific salary and skill level requirements. This visa can lead to settlement after a certain period.


  1. Start-up or Innovator Visa: If you have a business idea and wish to establish your own company in the UK, you can apply for a Start-up or Innovator Visa. These visas require endorsement from an approved endorsing body and have criteria related to the innovation, viability, and scalability of your business idea. After a specific period and meeting certain requirements, you may become eligible for settlement.


  1. Global Talent Visa: The Global Talent Visa (formerly known as the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Visa) is designed for individuals who demonstrate exceptional talent or promise in fields such as science, arts, humanities, engineering, and digital technology. This visa category can lead to settlement.


  1. Graduate Route (Post-Study Work Visa): Introduced from July 1, 2021, the Graduate Route allows international students who have completed a degree at a UK higher education institution to stay and work in the country for up to two years (or three years for Ph.D. graduates). This route does not require a job offer and provides graduates with an opportunity to find employment. However, it does not directly lead to settlement or citizenship.


  1. Marriage or Partner Visa: If you are in a genuine relationship with a British citizen or someone settled in the UK, you may be eligible for a marriage or partner visa. This can lead to settlement and, eventually, citizenship.


  1. Long Residence: If you have lived continuously in the UK for a certain period (usually 10 years), you may be eligible to apply for settlement based on long residence. This route typically requires proof of lawful residence and strong ties to the UK. After obtaining a settlement, you may become eligible to apply for citizenship.


  1. British Citizenship by Naturalization: Once you have obtained settlement (also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain), you can apply for British citizenship through naturalization. This process usually requires meeting specific residence requirements, passing the Life in the UK test, meeting English language proficiency, and having no serious criminal record.