Settlement - USA

After completion study students settlement route In the USA

International students in the USA have various pathways to obtain a work permit, settle, and potentially acquire citizenship. Here are some common routes:

Optional Practical Training (OPT): International students on an F-1 visa can apply for OPT, which allows them to work in their field of study for up to 12 months after completing their program. Students in certain STEM fields may be eligible for a 24-month extension. OPT provides valuable work experience and can serve as a stepping stone to other immigration options.

H-1B Visa: The H-1B visa is a popular work visa for individuals in specialty occupations. If an employer is willing to sponsor an international student for a job that requires specialized knowledge and a minimum educational qualification, the student can apply for an H-1B visa. The H-1B visa is employer-specific and typically requires the employer to submit a petition on behalf of the student.

Employment-based Green Card: International students who secure a job offer from a US employer can pursue an employment-based green card. There are different categories (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, etc.) based on factors like extraordinary ability, advanced degrees, and skilled or professional work. The employer typically sponsors the employee for the green card process.

Marriage to a US Citizen: If an international student marries a US citizen, they may be eligible for a marriage-based green card. This process involves filing a petition and demonstrating the authenticity of the marriage. The green card provides permanent residency in the US.

Diversity Visa Lottery: The Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery, also known as the Green Card Lottery, is a program that randomly selects individuals from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the US. Winning the lottery provides the opportunity to apply for a green card and become a permanent resident.

EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program: The EB-5 program allows individuals to obtain a green card by making a significant investment in a new commercial enterprise in the US. The investment must meet specific capital and job creation requirements. Successful participants can obtain conditional permanent residency, which can eventually lead to citizenship.

Family Sponsorship: US citizens and permanent residents can sponsor certain family members for green cards. Immediate relatives, such as spouses, parents, and unmarried children under 21, have priority, while other family members fall under preference categories that have annual numerical limits.

Naturalization: After becoming a permanent resident, individuals can apply for US citizenship through naturalization. The process typically involves meeting residence and physical presence requirements, demonstrating good moral character, passing an English language and civics test, and taking an oath of allegiance.